Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that are fitted into the jawbone at the site of the missing tooth. Once in position, and after a period of bone fusion, they can then be used to support a dental crown, a dental bridge, or as part of several implants supporting an entire arch of dentures. Looking and functioning just like natural teeth, dental implants are the next best thing to having your own teeth back. But what about the cost? Finding a dentist that offers a free consultation is the best way to get details about the costs.
Cheapest dental implants in Australia
There’s no escaping the fact that dental implant cost may appear high, In fact, averaging somewhere between $3000 – $7000 for a single implant, it’s probably enough to take your breath away. That said, there are a number of factors that can, and should, justify the high prices. These include:
- State-of-the-art technology – Believe it or not an implant itself is a highly engineered piece of equipment. That’s before we even get onto the technology and equipment used to fit it.
- High-quality materials such as titanium and porcelain used for the implant and the dental crown don’t come cheap.
- Dentist’s experience -The implant dentist has had to invest time and money into equipment and training which they need to recoup.
Furthermore, when you consider that dental implants can last for several decades or more, when properly cared for, the dental implant cost probably doesn’t seem half bad.
In fact, when measured against the cost of replacing bridges and dentures several times over the same period of time, dental implants are likely to save you money!
So, getting back to cheap dental implants ….
Is there really such a thing, and how come?
We’ve all seen advertisements in Australia for cheap dental implants; be it on billboards, in newspapers or magazines, and even as Groupon offers. But before rushing to book your appointment (as tempting as the price may seem) it’s worth pointing out that things aren’t always what they seem. Visit this website.
When a dental implant cost seems too good to true, that’s often the case. Here are some points to consider:
Cheapest dental implants in Australia: Misleading advertising
Ask yourself how many times you’ve seen an advert for a product or service only to find in tiny print at the bottom, that ‘terms and conditions apply’. That sucks, right? Similarly, a ‘so called’ cheap dental implant cost may not include the dental crown. By the time you’ve added on $1000-$2000 for a standard crown, you probably won’t be saving much money, if any.
Cheapest dental implants in Australia: Lesser known brand
Another reason that dental implant cost is lower than elsewhere is that the dentist is trying to attract new customers by competing on price. This could be by using unknown dental implant brands which don’t have the proven track record of leading brands such as Straumann and Nobel Biocare. There are hundreds of companies introducing new implant brands to the market and just as quickly, these companies can go bust. This could cause issues if you develop a problem with your implants further down the line. Your dentist may have no idea what brand was used and has to spend valuable time tracking down replacement or compatible parts.
Cheapest dental implants in Australia: Inexperience
Finally, another reason for a cheap dental implant cost could be down to the dentist’s inexperience. In some cases that’s as little as a 2-3 day training course. Alternatively, those dentists who have additional training and who keep up to date with all of the latest technologies and techniques have to cover their training expenses somehow. Do you really want to place your oral health in the hands of a dentist who has limited implant experience?
So, now we’ve uncovered the reasons for cheap dental implant cost in Australia and why it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, let’s look at other ways that you may be able to afford the dental implant cost without compromising on quality and experience.
- Payment plans – Discuss your dental implant needs and options for treatment during a free consultation at your local clinic. Find out how they could benefit you and then ask them if they provide payments plans or phased payments, to make your treatment more affordable.
- Location –. Cities like Sydney command higher rentals, higher utility bills, and higher wages, so you may want to avoid the CBD area and instead find a good dentist in a nearby Sydney suburb – This should bring down the dental implant cost.
- Dental Insurance – While dental implants are considered a cosmetic procedure and usually aren’t covered in many insurance plans, some companies are now covering parts of the restoration process, so it’s worth checking out your policy. Every little bit helps, as they say!
At MyHM Dentist in Kellyville, we use the latest digital dental implants system (DIO) which is safer, faster, and more precise for patients. This minimally invasive procedure is performed with a keyhole type surgery, meaning no stitches, less swelling, less pain, less inflammation and, most importantly, faster recovery. Led by Dr. Matsuoka, who has over 20 years of experience in dentistry, you can trust you’re in a safe pair of hands.
In search of a dentist that offers free dental implant consultation? Call MyHM Dentist today on (02) 9158 6379 !